Reducing the risk of damage and loss during transit is essential for your bottom line.
Most if not all commodities that are transported in shipping containers are at risk of sustaining anything from minor to significant damage during transit in containers. This leads to unnecessary losses that continue to add up if not properly addressed.
Think cocoa beans, coffee beans, grains and nuts such as almonds and cashews – to name a few – that need to be protected against moisture damage.
Moisture is caused by significant temperature fluctuations during the transit period. Types of moisture damage include:
- Peeled labels
- Product damage
- Corrosion damage
- Mould/mildew damage
- Damaged/collapsed packaging
In addition to moisture damage, poor securing and leaking are other concerns that need to be addressed. There is also the transit time to consider.
To avoid damage and subsequent losses, it is essential to have a 360° shipping container solution in place. The right solution will not only be able to stabilise and secure products that are typically transported in shipping containers, but also protect them.
Depending on the nature of your products and transport needs, you can:
- Protect products that are sensitive to fluctuations in temperatures
- Prevents the leaking of fluids inside shipping containers
- Maximise the loading capacity of containers
- Reducing packaging weight and cost
- Make more eco-friendly choices
Often, a range of shipping container solutions are needed – namely various desiccants, container liners, bulkhead sheets and dunnage bags – to ensure safe and efficient transport of commodities.
The JB Anderson 360° Shipping Container Preparation Solution
Our approach entails providing a tailored solution for any product being exported via shipping containers.
We provide a full range of solutions through our global distribution network. Our products are designed to secure and protect goods such as commodities typically transported in boxes, trucks and shipping containers.
Our Solution Comprises:
- Desiccant Range
- Container Dressing Materials
- Dunnage Bags
Our desiccant range features various products including desiccant dry bags that attract and retain moisture from the atmosphere to decrease the risk of cargo damage. We supply desiccant solutions to agricultural sectors as well as industrial sectors for shipping containers, trucks and in-the-box applications.
Our shipping container solutions also includes a range of container liner, bulkhead, paper solutions designed to secure and protect products inside containers.
Dunnage bags add incredible value when it comes to stabilising, securing and protecting products in transit. We provide the full range of dunnage bags for trucks and Association of American Railroads (AAR) verified Level 1 to Level 5 for shipping containers, intermodal shipments and rail.
The JB Anderson Difference
Our solutions for commodities and other products are anchored in years of experience and relevant insights – backed by innovation and testing.
Our experience is significant in terms of our:
- Trading Period: We have been operating for over 30 years.
- Geographical Footprint: Our footprint spans across Africa, Europe, Asia, Australasia as well as South-, Central- and North America. This equips us with knowledge of all the different regions and their climates.
INSIGHTS & INNOVATIONS
This experience has empowered us to gain extensive insights from numerous markets. These insights, in turn, have:
- Enabled us to identify and develop unique product innovations
- Connected us with a broad supplier pool, allowing us to offer a total shipping container solution through sourcing.
Optimal product performance is of the utmost importance, otherwise implementation is futile. To gauge and improve performance, testing is required.
Fortunately, JB Anderson has an in-house lab for regular rigorous product testing and trials. The benefits of our tests, depending on the various respective products, include:
- Ensuring our desiccant dry bags do not leak during transit
- Dry bag absorption according to claimed performance
- Gaining an indication of how our dry bags will perform in the market
Our Tensile Strength test, for example, measures the seal strength of our desiccant dry bags to prevent leaking. Our Humidity Chamber Test, which we perform on all our desiccant products, determines how well the desiccant performs under circumstances.
The result is quality reassurance, for your benefit and peace of mind.